Medication Management LLC is excited to tell you details about a trial that we are currently recruiting patients for. If you or someone you know is interested, make sure to contact us at THIS LINK and we will make sure that you are eligible and help you to get started.
A new drug, Semaglutide, that has already been approved for Type 2 diabetes is now being studied as a prescription for weight loss and this will be a 68 week study with nutritionist guidance and Nutrisystem provided.
Below you’ll find the list of criteria to check and see if it’s something that you would be interested in.
- Patients must be > 18yo
- BMI > 30 or >27 with one obesity comorbidity (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or coronary artery disease)
- Patients with T1DM or T2DM are excluded
- Patients are excluded if there has been > 11 lb change in weight in the 90 days preceeding screening
- Patients must have failed at least 1 attempt at a weight loss plan
- The study medication is Semaglutide (already approved for T2DM). Injections will be weekly.
- Patients will get free dietitian consults. For the first 8 weeks, they will receive free meal replacements from Nutrisystem and then convert to a low calorie diet with regular foods.
- The study lasts 68 weeks.
We look forward to talking with you about the potential for your involvement, and again that link for contacting us for participation is HERE.